Warm Kale Salad
A quick, easy, and nutritious any time of the year salad - full of flavour to perfectly compliment any lunch or dinner dish!
Ingredients: (as organic as possible) Serves 2
- ½ Red Capsicum, sliced
- 20gr The Homemade Kitchen Butter
- 5-6 Swiss Brown Mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Bunch Kale Leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt to season (be mindful if using salted butter)
- In a medium-large frying pan over a medium heat melt ½ the butter.
- Add capsicum and allow to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and other ½ of the butter. Sauté until brown.
- Add garlic, stir around pan for a few seconds.
- Add kale, and balsamic vinegar. Cook until kale is slightly wilted.
- Serve immediately.
Add toasted pine nuts, fresh cherry tomatoes, or half an avocado. Serve with grilled chicken, or a baked potato for a more complete meal.
Why this salad is good for you:
- Balsamic Vinegar – Contains acetic acid which contains strains of probiotic bacteria enabling healthy digestion.
- Butter – A great source of essential minerals and vitamins, butyric acid, conjugated linoleic acid, healthy fatty acids, anti-microbial properties, essential cholesterol (for healthy cellular function).
- Kale – A powerhouse vegetable, great for digestion. Naturally very high in nutrients, essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants. protein, iron, calcium and fibre, to name a few.
- Mushrooms – Naturally high vitamin B, iron, potassium, vitamin C, folic acid, zinc, and phosphorous.