The Best Potato Mash
Serve potato mash with your meat and veggies – pile it on the plate, lick the pot! Nothing beats the taste, warmth, and cosiness.
- 1 Clove Fresh Garlic, minced
- 400gr Sweet Potato, peeled and cubed
- 600gr Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 250ml The Homemade Kitchen Buttermilk
- Pinch WA Salt Group Natural Lake Salt, to season
- 50-100gr The Homemade Kitchen Butter
- Place raw garlic, sweet potatoes, and potatoes into a pot.
- Cover with buttermilk, place lid on, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Potatoes are cooked when falling apart to touch.
- Taste for seasoning, if required add salt.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Mash with hand masher or kitchen appliance of choice until smooth.
Add fresh chopped silverbeet at the end, cover and allow to wilt for about 5 minutes. Stir throughout potato mash before serving.